It’s been an unbelievable year for The House of Wood and I am incredibly grateful! God has been growing my little business in amazing ways and I’m humbled that I’m allowed this platform from which to share my voice and ideas with you all. Of course, with growth, comes some growing pains and throughout this year, honestly, there were more than a few times I ran myself ragged and failed to maintain a healthy work/life balance (does it even exist?!). Managing a business, homeschooling my two little ones, and running a household takes a ton of energy, organization, hard work, and dedication. And while I am eternally grateful that I get to work from home, raise my kiddos, and contribute to my family, I’ve come to the realization that I can no longer operate successfully as a one-woman show.
After much thought, I’ve decided to open up this space to contributing writers. The House of Wood will still continue to deliver high quality, inspiring content, but I’m excited to expand our focus a bit (more on that later). There are some really exciting things on the horizon and I can’t wait to share them all with you, but for now, let’s focus on this new development:
The House of Wood is now accepting applications for talented, creative, positive bloggers who have a passion for creating and sharing inspiring ideas and content, stunning photography, and being a part of a fun, collaborative community.
I’m thrilled about this new chapter and even more excited that I get the opportunity to work with YOU!
First and foremost, as a creative entrepreneur and small business owner myself, I believe we should be paid fairly for our work. Though what we do is often a labor of love, the time, thought, effort, and heart that we pour into our work is valuable and worthy of monetary compensation.
That being said, these contributor positions will be paid. (As in, real cash money.)
There will be opportunities for exposure through this blog as well as my social media audience as an added bonus, but “exposure” is often a vague, unquantifiable, and misleading form of currency. Frankly, I don’t accept exposure as a form of payment, so I won’t be asking you to either.
What I’m looking for:
- Original, high quality content that is inspiring, entertaining, and/or educational.
- Bright, clear, crisp photography that thoughtfully considers good lighting, composition, focus, and styling.
- Someone with prior experience with WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Posts written with impeccable grammar, punctuation, and spelling, with a minimum of 250 words and 4-5 photos.
- Someone who is organized, timely, personable, and communicative.
- DIY & Home Decor (crafts, carpentry/woodworking projects, interior decorating, organization)
- Food & Drink (recipes, restaurant reviews/recommendations)
- Lifestyle (travel, fashion, beauty, parenting, military life is a plus!)
Post Scheduling Opportunities:
- Monthly, for 6 months
- Bi-Monthly, for 3 or 6 months
- Quarterly, for 1 year
What you’ll get:
- Contributors will be paid per post. Payment will be negotiated dependent upon the scope of the content, but may range anywhere from $75-$250+ per post.
- Promotion on The House of Wood social media channels including Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Your photo, short bio, blog URL, and contributor posts will be listed in the “My Team” section.
- Mentorship, guidance, support, and community. Building a strong tribe is an integral part of this blogging journey and having learned so much from a handful of amazing people who have been very generous with their time, expertise, and insight, I fully believe and try to live out the idea that “a rising tide lifts all ships” and I’d love to share my knowledge and experience with you.
- Potential brand sponsorships.
I will be accepting applications throughout the month of December. Unfortunately, I can’t respond to every applicant, but if you’re selected, you should hear from me within 2-3 weeks of your submission. Thank you so much for your interest in contributing to The House of Wood. Let’s get this party started! Cheers to 2018!