- Trim 1 inch off end of asparagus spears.
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan (enough to cover asparagus).
- Prepare dish half full of ice water to dunk asparagus in as soon as they finish cooking.
- Add asparagus to boiling water and boil 2-3 minutes (depending on thickness of spears).
- Remove and immediately submerge in ice bath.
- Mix olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, orange, juice, dijon, zest, honey, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Move asparagus from ice bath and dry with paper towel.
- Pour enough of mixture over asparagus to coat, cover, and refrigerate 6-8 hours. Reserve rest of marinade for dressing.
Toss salad with greens on your choice, topped with asparagus, orange sections, crumbles goat cheese, toasted pecans, and dressing.