These easy, no-bake lemon cheesecake mini tarts have a light and creamy cheesecake layer on the bottom and a tangy lemon custard layer on top, all made in a crisp fillo shell.
Hi there! It’s Sara from Biscuits & Burlap and I’m so excited to be sharing a Spring-inspired recipe on the House of Wood for the very first time! I love two-bite desserts and feel like they’re so much more well-received at a gathering than something big and heavy, especially after a filling meal. These little guys are no-bake too, and you just can’t beat that. The creamy cheesecake layer cuts through the tartness of the lemon curd layer to make it the perfect springtime dessert.
You won’t believe how easy these lemon cheesecake mini tarts are to whip up. The no-bake cheesecake layer is a favorite from our blog when we made Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes. It’s a mixture of whipped cream, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Super simple, right?
The lemon curd layer adds something really special as you mix eggs (with a couple extra yolks), fresh squeezed lemon juice, sugar, and butter in a small skillet. Pour the lemon layer on top of the cheesecake in a mini fillo shell and refrigerate them for a couple hours. Garnish any way like and you have an impressive lemony Springtime dessert!Print
These mini desserts have a layer of creamy cheesecake and a layer of tangy lemon custard!
- 45 mini fillo shells
- 1 + 1/4 cup sugar (divided)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 2 eggs + 2 egg yolks
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- pinch of salt
- Beat 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla, and cream cheese with a mixer at medium speed until well mixed.
- Beat whipping cream in a separate bowl at high speed until peaks form.
- Gently fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Pipe mixture into fillo shells. Refrigerate during next steps.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar, eggs, egg yolks, salt, and lemon juice over medium-high heat.
- Whisk constantly until thick (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add butter 1 cube at a time until melted.
- Pour over cheesecake layer in shells. Refrigerate 1-2 hours and garnish as desired.
Garnish Ideas for Lemon Cheesecake Mini Tarts:
- lemon curls
- tiny wedge of lemon
- sprig of mint
- small piece of strawberry (or any berry)
Let us know what you think about these tiny little delights below! Be sure to stop by the Southern food blog my mom and I write together, Biscuits & Burlap, to see what classic Southern favorites and creative takes on those classics we’ve been cooking lately!
Do you want to see more delicious Spring-inspired recipes? Here are several that our blogger friends are sharing, as part of the Seasonal Simplicity series hosted by Krista at The Happy Housie.