Easy to follow free plans to build a Simple Workbench.
How To Build A Simple DIY Workbench
- (7) 2 x 4 x 8 Ft. Boards
- (2) 4 Ft. x 8 Ft. Sheets of 3/4-inch Plywood
- 2 1/2-inch Self-Tapping Wood Screws
- 1 1/4-inch Wood Screws
- Tape Measure
- Carpenter’s Square
- Cordless Impact Driver
- Circular Saw
- Safety Glasses
- Hearing Protection
- Dust Mask
- (4) 2×4 @ 51 inches (long stretchers)
- (4) 2×4 @ 27 inches (short stretchers)
- (4) 2×4 @ 24 inches (supports)
- (4) 2×4 @ 31 1/4 inches (legs)
- (1) 3/4-inch plywood @ 54 inches x 27 inches (bottom shelf)
- (1) 3/4-inch plywood @ 60 inches x 36 inches (top)
Step 1 – Build the top and bottom frames.
Measure, mark, and cut 2x4s to length. Construct as shown with 2 1/2-inch self-tapping wood screws.
Step 2 – Attach the legs.
Measure, mark, and cut 2×4 legs to length. Attach legs as shown with 2 1/2-inch self-tapping wood screws. Place the bottom shelf at the height you prefer. This plan shows the bottom shelf about 3 inches from the ground.
Step 3 – Add the bottom shelf.
Measure, mark, and cut 3/4-inch plywood bottom shelf to size. Slide into place and attach with 1 1/4-inch wood screws.
Step 4 – Add the top shelf.
Measure, mark, and cut 3/4-inch plywood top to size. Position on top of the workbench allowing for a 3-inch overhang on all sides. Attach to the workbench with 1 1/4-inch wood screws.