If you are like me and love all things tropical and all things stationery, why not make a DIY with both? Today, let’s make a DIY Pineapple Notebook with printable tattoo paper!
It’s Maritza from Maritza Lisa and for today’s DIY project, we’re making a DIY Pineapple Notebook with printable tattoo paper. It’s one of my favorite mediums to work with – it’s an easy way to transfer images to hard, smooth surfaces. Such a wonderful and versatile product that’s perfect for today’s tutorial.
- White poster board
- Graphic software
- Printable Tattoo Paper (I use the Silhouette brand)
- Wet cloth
- White hardcover notebook
- Scraper (or the edge of a ruler)
- Take a picture of the pineapple against the white poster board
- Open the pineapple image in your graphic software
- Using your graphic software or app, manipulate the image to your liking (brighten, filter, crop, etc)
- Resize your image so that it can fit on the cover of your white notebook
- Mirror the pineapple image
- Send your image to print on your tattoo paper
- Follow the directions on your tattoo paper package, and apply the clear adhesive sheet. Use your scraper or ruler to smooth the bubbles out
- Cut closely around your pineapple image
- Remove the clear adhesive paper, and apply the pineapple tattoo face down to your book cover with a wet towel
- Optional: apply a clear sealant to the tattooed image (this will help make the tattoo last longer)
Cute, right? Now you have a beautiful and tropical addition to your stationery stash. Now that you have mastered one, you can also make a few more as gifts! Pineapples, flamingos, avocados… you can choose any graphic that suits you – the possibilities are endless! Hopefully this DIY Pineapple Notebook tutorial has introduced you to a new medium and you’re inspired to customize and decorate your journals and other favorite things! Thanks for reading, friends!