This easy Veggie Quinoa Bowl is super healthy and done in less than 20 minutes!
Hello Jen Woodhouse readers! My name is Aniko from Place of My Taste, and I am excited to start sharing yummy recipes on Jen’s blog each month! Jen is a sweet friend of mine, and I am always so amazed at her fantastic building skills! I bet you are, too! I hope your New Year had a great start and you’re ready to try some interesting recipes! In January, we always try to eat healthy after all the sugar and sweets we consume over the holidays so I thought you would love this Easy Veggie Quinoa Bowl.
Looks tasty, doesn’t it?
You should have heard my husband moaning with satisfaction as he ate this bountiful Easy Veggie Quinoa Bowl! It was hilarious!
When I think of a hearty meal, I think “I need meat!” but that’s not always the case. This meal is so flavorful it leaves all of my tiny taste buds fully quenched. And as an added bonus, it’s packed with lots of protein and nutrients that make me feel energized and motivated.
So get your quinoa cooking and a sauté pan ready for this delectable vegetarian dish!Print
Oh! This veggie quinoa bowl is packed with so much flavor, you won’t wonder “where’s the meat?” 🙂
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 8 oz. butternut squash noodles (raw noodle shaped butternut squash)
- 1 medium zucchini sliced into medium thin circles
- 1 cup sliced or coined carrots
- ½ cup finely sliced red onion
- 1 cup multi-colored cherry-sized tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Pre-cook your quinoa so that you have 4 cups ready.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the butternut squash, carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve 1 cup quinoa per bowl, ¼ of the veggie saute and top with ¼ sliced avocado.
- Voila! Dive in!
Anyone can toss this simple recipe together in less than 20 minutes, but when you serve it to your guests, they are sure to think you have some serious culinary skills!
If you want to make this an even richer occasion, my Creamy Tomato Soup would pair really well!
Until next month!
Hello! My name is Aniko and I blog over at Place of my Taste. I am a wife, mother, and business owner by day, and a DIY-er by night. I love all things design, décor, and photography, but I also have a passion for cooking, wine tasting, dancing, and creating beautiful things. I am so happy that I’m able to share all of my joys and passion over on my blog and now I can share it with Jen’s readers as well. I also run an online shop and you can find my photography e-book filled with tips to achieve beautiful photography and styling. I hope that you will come visit and find something that inspires you!