Treat your favorite pup to these delicious and easy homemade Apple and Cheddar Pupcakes!
Yesterday, we celebrated Watson, our sweet Rhodesian Ridgeback. He turned six! He is officially older than us now (in dog years, of course). He’s getting a little sprinkling of gray on his chin and it’s the most adorable thing. Seriously, he is the sweetest, most gentle giant ever. Such a handsome devil too.
He’s even a YouTube star! I don’t blame ’em for putting him in front of the camera. He most definitely belongs there. I mean, look how non-reluctant he looks in this photo:
We usually do something special for his birthday (yeah, we’re those kind of people), whether it’s taking him to the ‘Barkery’ to pick out a treat, or baking him some homemade dog biscuits, peanut butter pupcakes, or other treats. This time, we baked him some Apple and Cheddar Dog Cupcakes and he loved them!
*This post contains some affiliate links. To read my full disclosure policy, click here.
Treat your favorite fur baby with these Apple and Cheddar Dog Cupcakes “pupcakes”
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350º F and line a muffin tin with paper or silicone cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix the applesauce, oil, honey, eggs, and cheese together.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, oats, and baking powder together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins, filling the cups about halfway.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool, then let your pup enjoy!
I’d love for you to PIN IT so you don’t forget it!