Hi everyone! Hello and happy Tuesday! Boy, do I have an exciting announcement to share with y’all today.
Remember the One Board Challenge I posted about a few weeks ago where I built a folding lap desk out of a single board and challenged a few of my builder blogger friends to do the same? Well, you guys were so excited about the whole one board concept that I received several emails and comments asking how to participate in the next One Board Challenge.
Well, you asked and we listened! Yep – that’s right! We’re opening up the challenge to YOU GUYS!
We want to see your One Board projects! Woohoo!
But wait… there’s more!
Our good friends at RYOBI will be giving one grand prize winner $1,000 worth of RYOBI tools to outfit his/her workshop!
I know, insanity! You guys, I am so excited about this, I can’t even…
Alright. So here’s the skinny:
- Build a project using only one 1×8 8-foot board.
- Any wood species is permitted.
- Fasteners, glue, paint, finish and any other design element (like leather, metal, etc.) are permitted, but please limit your lumber to just the single board.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Build your project according to the rules above, snap a photo, and post it to your Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter accounts and use the hashtag #OneBoardChallenge.
- If your social media accounts are private, feel free to email me a photo of your submission.
- Enter as many one board projects as you’d like, but all photo submissions must be received by October 15th.
- Winner will be announced October 26th.
ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL WIN $1,000 OF RYOBI TOOLS!
Gah, I just love it. I can’t wait to see your projects! Have fun and good luck!
Get your creative juices flowing and check out these One Board projects built by my builder blogger friends:
Katie, Addicted 2 DIY – Rustic Step Stool / Jaime, That’s My Letter – Bench
Amy, Her Toolbelt – Kids Step Stool / Elisha, Pneumatic Addict Furniture – Modern 3-Leg End Table
Sandra, Sawdust Girl – Three Tiered Display Shelf / Brittany, Pretty Handy Girl – Cubby Storage Box
Karah, the space between – Wood Shelves / Brad, Fix This Build That – Kids Bookshelf
Jenn, Build-Basic – Round Mirror / Mindi, My Love 2 Create – Floating Nightstand
Pauline, My Altered State – Indoor Planter / Bethany, Sawdust & Embryos – Geometric Art
Kim, The Kim Six Fix – Flower Box / Sarah, The Ugly Duckling House – Modern Step Stool
Jessica, Decor Adventures – Hexagon Plant Stand / Emily, Merrypad – Floating Corner Shelf