Yesterday, we celebrated Watson, our sweet Rhodesian Ridgeback. He turned six! He is officially older than us now (in dog years, of course). He’s getting a little sprinkling of gray on his chin and it’s the most adorable thing. Seriously, he is the sweetest, most gentle giant ever. Such a handsome devil too.
He’s even a YouTube star! I don’t blame ’em for putting him in front of the camera. He most definitely belongs there. I mean, look how non-reluctant he looks in this photo:
We usually do something special for his birthday (yeah, we’re those kind of people), whether it’s taking him to the ‘Barkery’ to pick out a treat, or baking him some homemade dog biscuits, peanut butter pupcakes, or other treats. This time, we baked him some Apple and Cheddar Dog Cupcakes and he loved them!
*This post contains some affiliate links. To read my full disclosure policy, click here.
APPLE AND CHEDDAR PUPCAKES
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 TBS honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line a muffin tin with paper or silicone cupcake liners or spray the tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, oats, and baking powder together.
- Add the applesauce, vegetable oil, honey, eggs, and cheese.
- Mix until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin, filling the cups about halfway.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool then let your pup enjoy!
I’d love for you to PIN IT so you don’t forget it!