Hi friends! I’m Abbey from The Cards We Drew back this month to share another fun recipe idea with you! My family is no stranger to a good cookie recipe and this recipe is a simple cookie that my mom made us while we were growing up! These Chewy Chocolate Cookies are slightly crispy on the outside, but full of fudge-like chewiness on the inside! It’s truly the perfect cookie consistency and NO ONE can eat just one! The best part? The recipe makes a TON of them (4.5 dozen to be exact) and it’s a very simple recipe at that… let’s take a look!
The recipe is below and super simple. Once you mix together your wet ingredients, you’ll fold in the dry ingredients and get to scooping. If the batter is too runny, put it in the fridge for a little while to chill, then scoop out.
Bake for 8-9 minutes at 350º F then let cool for a few minutes out of the oven before transferring to a plate or wire rack.
The cookies themselves will come out with a slight crunch on the outside, but a soft, fudge-like inside that’s to die for! It’s the perfect combination!
We made these at my house this week and everyone wanted more! They are seriously the best chocolate cookies out there! Don’t miss out!!
The BEST Chocolate Cookies with a crispy outside and soft, fudgey center! Your friends and family will beg you for the recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour, unsifted
- 3/4 cup Hershey’s Cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Set aside: 1/2 cup sugar to roll dough balls in
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and vanilla and blend well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Blend into creamed mixture.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, roll dough into balls, then roll in the 1/2 cup of sugar set aside. Then drop mixture onto uncreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. They will puff up slightly during baking and flatten upon cooling. Cool on cookie sheet until set, about one minute, then move to wire rack to cool completely.
If you want more fun recipe, craft, and lifestyle tips, stop by my blog, The Cards We Drew for more inspiration!