Hiiiii friends! I’m so excited to welcome you into my home for my first-ever home tour! Since we move around so often, I never really feel like our home is “tour-worthy,” know what I mean? Our home always seems to be in a state of incompletion – just when I get the picture frames up on the wall, it’s time to pack ’em up and move ’em out again. Even so, when my sweet friend Rachel from Shades of Blue Interiors invited me to take part in her 2016 Spring Home Tours, I just had to say yes.
And then I scrambled to get the house ready for company.
Our home is chock-full of DIY projects. I’ve linked them all, as well as provided a source list for our furnishings and home decor items. I hope you enjoy your visit! *This post contains some affiliate links. To read my full disclosure policy, please click here.
- DIY Tribal Wooden Doormat
- Navy Planter
- Orange Ceramic Pot
- Brown and White Planter
- Lion Head Door Knocker
I shared the tutorial on my DIY tribal wooden doormat earlier this week. I also picked up these plants and planters from The Home Depot. I do NOT have a green thumb, so we’ll see how long these babies will stay alive.
As soon as you enter the front door, the dining room is to your right. We hardly ever use this room and if we were staying here longer, I would consider changing the function of this room.
Office? I like it…
Man cave? NO.
Okay. So this is supposed to be a Spring home tour, right? And my house is supposed to be decorated for Spring, right? Well, if by “decorated for Spring” you mean I just took down my Christmas wreaths, then I totally decorated for Spring.
You think I’m kidding.
SHOP OUR DINING ROOM
- DIY Restoration Hardware-inspired Printmakers Sideboard
- Dining Table / Dining Chairs
- Pendant Light
- Wall Mirror
- Scotch Decanter / Serving Tray / Wine Rack – no longer available, similar
- Primitive Dough Bowl
- Wall Paint Color: Sherwin Williams Mega Greige
We spend most of our time hanging out in our breakfast nook so that’s where I put our Family Command Center. We eat all of our meals here as well as tackle homework assignments and the occasional craft project. As it turns out, no matter how large I make our calendar, my husband never seems to know when my parents are coming to visit.
SHOP OUR BREAKFAST NOOK
- DIY Time Zone Clocks / DIY Chalkboard Calendar
- DIY West Elm-Inspired Cubby Shelf / DIY Be Present. Be Intentional Sign
- White Leather Bar Stools / Round Pub Table
- Wire Fruit Basket / White Storage Bins
- Wall Paint Color: Sherwin Williams Repose Gray
Let’s take a peek into my 5-year-old daughter’s room. I just love this space. Can you believe her bed is a DIY project? I drew up the plans in a twin-, full-, queen-, and king-size so you can build your own, if you’re up for a little building challenge. It wasn’t difficult to build, just tedious. It cost me less than $200 in materials and I love how it turned out. This is the second bed I’ve built my little lady. The first one was her Restoration Hardware-inspired toddler bed. Seems like I built that sweet bed just yesterday. Time flies by way too fast.
SHOP MY DAUGHTER’S ROOM
- DIY West Elm-inspired Chevron Queen Bed
- Bedside Table – no longer available, similar
- Area Rug – no longer available, Joss & Main
- Round Basket – no longer available, similar
- Sheet Set / Duvet Cover / Quilt and Shams
- Pink Chevron Throw Pillow / Watercolor Floral Pillow / Evie Pillow
- Ugly Dolls
- Pom Pom Blanket – no longer available, World Market
- Swing-arm Lamp (came in chrome, I spray-painted it gold)
- Grey Linen Lampshade
- Antler Wall Decor
- Wall Paint Color: Behr Bella Mia
Next up is my 3-year-old son’s room. His bed is also a DIY project. The tutorial for his DIY cabin bed is here. I teamed up with my good friend Ana White on this project. I would have loved to have a cabin bed growing up – it makes naptime so magical!
My son’s nightstand is also a DIY project – here are the building plans.
SHOP MY SON’S ROOM
- DIY Cabin Bed
- DIY Rustic Nightstand
- Area Rug
- Navy Basket / Round Basket
- Wild & Free Banner
- Moose Flannel Sheets / Plaid Duvet Cover and Sham / Moose Throw Pillow
- Thomas the Train Toys
- DIY Toy Tool Box
- Wall Paint Color: Sherwin Williams Mindful Gray
And finally, welcome to our master bedroom. It’s especially easy to decorate for the different seasons in here – just change out the bedding: a few throw pillows here, a coverlet there and you’ve got yourself a whole new look. I love those pretty watercolor floral pillows. They just scream Springtime to me.
SHOP MY MASTER BEDROOM
- DIY Marble Lamps
- DIY Bedside Tables
- DIY Teal Pillow
- White Vase
- Round Mirror / Arrow Wall Hanging
- Upholstered Nailhead Trim King Bed
- Duvet Cover and Euro Shams / Coral Coverlet
- Floral Watercolor Pillows / Black and White Polka Dot Pillow
- Brown Lumbar Pillow
- Armless Sofa – no longer available, similar
- Wall Paint Color: Benjamin Moore Iron Mountain
On the other side of our bedroom, I cleared out a space to put my DIY desk. And because I don’t like seeing that bulky printer, I designed my desk so that I could hide it away.
I also added this shallow shelf with a cutout for the power strip so I can charge my electronic devices easily.
SHOP MY WORKSPACE
- DIY Desk with Printer Cabinet
- DIY Scrap Wood Hexagon Planter
- DIY Acrylic Wall Calendar
- Owl Pencil Cup
- Pug Bookend
- Philippians 3:14 Sign
- Arrow Trio (spray-painted metallic gold)
- Desk Lamp
- Desk Chair
- Area Rug
- Spotted Day Planner
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this little peek into our home.
Be sure to check out the rest of the Spring 2016 Home Tours below:
Emily, The Wicker House / Ashley, Cherished Bliss / Beth, Home Stories A to Z
Jennifer, Town and Country Living / Beth, Unskinny Boppy / Annie, Zevy Joy
Allison, The Golden Sycamore / Bre, Rooms FOR Rent / Rachel, Shades of Blue Interiors
Jennifer, Clean and Scentsible / Kristen, Ella Claire Blog / Lucy, Craftberry Bush /
Danielle, Finding Silver Pennies / Alicia, A Burst of Beautiful / Rachel, Maison de Pax / Cami, TIDBITS