You guys! I am SO excited to announce The House of Wood’s 2018 Creative Team! After nervously publishing this post, I was surprised and overwhelmed by the response. I sorted through hundreds of applications and I was so bummed that I couldn’t hire all of you!
I’m thrilled to introduce you to these talented women. They’ll be sharing inspiring ideas, DIY projects, yummy recipes, and more with you this year and I am so thankful to have them on board. Be sure to visit their blogs and follow them on social media – you won’t want to miss a single thing!
A brief intro…
- Carrie Bishop is the owner of River Rose Flower Company. Carrie is based in Richmond, Virginia and is a freelance floral designer, workshop teacher, and supporter of local flower farms. She knows how to make grocery store flowers look like a high end designer bouquet and I’m so excited she’ll be sharing her floral design expertise with us throughout the year.
- Pam and Sara Brand hail from the outskirts of Atlanta and are the mother-daughter duo behind the blog, Biscuits and Burlap. They’ll be sharing a few easy and delicious recipes with us.
- Jaime Costiglio is pretty much amazing at everything DIY. If you’re familiar with my blog, this isn’t the first time you’ve heard of Jaime. She’s the yin to my yang, the peanut butter to my jelly, the mac to my cheese… she’s the bees knees and I’m so glad to have her on board, contributing fun and creative DIY projects this year.
- Abbey DeHart writes the blog, The Cards We Drew and she’ll be sharing quick, easy, and delicious recipes every month. Did you catch her first post? It’s perfect for Game Day!
- Anika Gandhi is the DIY dynamo behind Anika’s DIY Life. You might remember her from this stunning piece we collaborated on. Anika will be sharing several simple and chic DIY projects throughout the year.
- Kristi Haight is a lover and doer of all things DIY. She’s the blogger behind Chatfield Court, a DIY journal documenting her home renovations and DIY projects. She’ll be sharing budget-friendly DIY projects with us.
- Jenny Kavanagh is an artist, designer, furniture refinisher, and seamstress who shares her projects on her blog, Paint Yourself A Smile. She’ll be sharing her creative DIY projects here throughout the year.
- Sheri Kimlinger is the owner of Hazel + Gold Designs and she’s a lover of power tools, plaid shirts, peanut butter, and chocolate. We collaborated on this project and I had the pleasure of meeting her in person last year. She’ll be sharing her beautiful DIY projects with us this year.
- Aniko Levai is a dear friend of mine and a truly gifted photographer, artist, maker, and author of the blog Place of My Taste. She’ll be sharing her simple, yet elegant recipes with us every month.
- Shara McCuiston is an engineer by day and a DIYer by night. She enjoys documenting her DIY projects on her blog, Woodshop Diaries. She’ll be sharing some fun and easy DIY projects with us.
- Maritza Nunes created MaritzaLisa.com to share her beautiful craft projects. Her medium of choice is paper and I can’t wait for you to see what she has in store for you!
- Shelly Shepherd is the creator of 100Things2Do.ca which features DIY tutorials, craft projects, refinishing, repurposing, and home decor for the ‘every man’. I had the pleasure of meeting Shelly in person last year and she’s hilarious! I can’t wait for you to read about her DIY projects – her projects are inspiring and her posts will make you laugh out loud!
- Angie Wilson is the creator of House Becoming Home, a blog documenting home improvement projects, renovations, and DIY home projects and organizing. I’m excited that she’ll be sharing her DIY projects with us.
I can’t tell you how excited I am to have these inspiring women on my team. They are truly the cream of the crop and I can’t wait for you to see their amazing projects.
Another big change we’re making to the blog is we’re adding FOOD to the mix! If you know anything about me, I’m a self-proclaimed foodie and love to cook, bake, and eat ALL THE THINGS! Aniko, Abbey, Pam, and Sara will also be posting recipes to the blog so you’re in for a real treat!
It’s going to be a great year and we’ve got some big things brewing… cheers to 2018!